Training Course on Analysing Disrupted Health Systems
This 10-day residential course programme for health professionals focuses on the analysis of health systems in countries affected by, or recovering from, protracted crisis. Participants will be equipped to analyse disrupted health systems in complex emergencies, discuss humanitarian aid and politics, human rights policies, and strategies and plans of key actors.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Health professionals working in or with countries in crisis, working as health personnel in government institutions, NGOs, UN agencies and humanitarian organisations or as an independent consultant.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- use adequate frameworks and approaches for health system analysis in crisis countries and apply the relevant lessons to local contexts
- assess disrupted health systems’ structure and identify key weaknesses and distortions
- identify health system adaptations during crises and formulate measures to develop effective strategies and plans
- present findings of health systems analysis
- Complex emergencies: trends, challenges and impact
- Humanitarian aid and its politics
- Data and information challenges in crises
- Challenges of complex emergencies to health systems
- Health policies, strategies and plans
- Key components of health systems in a crisis: health financing, the pharmaceutical sector, human resources, management systems etc
- The recovery process of the health sector
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
| Start | End
| 29/06/2020 | 03/07/2020
| 15/06/2020 | 19/06/2020
| 18/05/2020 | 22/05/2020
| 05/04/2020 | 05/08/2020
| 20/04/2020 | 24/04/2020
| 06/04/2020 | 10/04/2020
| 23/03/2020 | 27/03/2020
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered at your preferred location.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on the link below:
For further inquiries, please contact us on: