Training course on Advanced Agronomy
Agronomy represents the applied aspects of both soil and plant sciences dealing with field crops and pastures. It is therefore, directly responsible for the production of most food and fiber consumed and utilized by people and livestock, and thus, is fundamental to productive and sustainable agriculture and livestock production.
This course is specifically designed in order to take the participants from the basics of the ecology and adaptation of agricultural plants to solving complex real-world agronomic problems caused by variable climatic conditions, nutrient deficiencies, crop diseases, weeds, insect, pests, physiological disorders and pesticide damage.
Who should attend?
- Managers & Supervisors in Agricultural Sector
- Individuals who are interested in Agribusiness & Agronomy
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Agronomy & Agribusiness professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional in Agronomy areas.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify factors that affect the success of a crop; including soil condition, climate factors and biological influences such as pests and diseases.
- Explain how to achieve successful seed germination for different agronomic crops under different conditions in the field
- Discuss practices used to farm cereals for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Discuss practices used to farm broadleaf crops for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Understand the use of different harvesting equipment and techniques including post-harvest handling.
- Introduction to Agronomic Practices
- Crop Types, Plant Structure & Function
- Row & Cover Crops
- Crop Operations & Planter Types
- Determinants of Crop Growth
- Soils, Erosion & Salinity
- Soil Solidity, acidity & alkalinity
- Ways to improve soils
- Cultivation techniques
- Plant Nutrition, deficiencies & Fertilizers
- Insect Pests & diseases
- Weeds & their Control
- Spraying, Irrigation & Chemical Crop Protection
- Natural Pest & Disease Control
- Seed Storage & Germination
- Types of Media
- Arable Cereal Crops
- Arable Broadleaf Crops.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
| Start | End
| 29/06/2020 | 03/07/2020
| 15/06/2020 | 19/06/2020
| 18/05/2020 | 22/05/2020
| 05/04/2020 | 05/08/2020
| 20/04/2020 | 24/04/2020
| 06/04/2020 | 10/04/2020
| 23/03/2020 | 27/03/2020
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered at your preferred location.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on the link below:
For further inquiries, please contact us on: