Matt and Ross Duffer—the "Stranger Things" masterminds—teach you how they plotted the series from beginning to end, and how you can bring your own idea to life.
Before they turned our world upside down with "Stranger Things," Matt and Ross Duffer honed their scare tactics on Wayward Pines and their debut thriller, Hidden. Now, the acclaimed showrunners reveal the dark science of creating a monster hit. Craft gripping story arcs, conjure unforgettable characters—like Eleven or Jim Hopper—and turn your raw idea into a pitch for the next big thing to cross over from the other side.
- Meet Your Instructors
- How to Develop a TV Series Idea
- Conceiving the Idea for “Stranger Things”
- Writing Demo: How to Write a Logline
- The Duffer Brothers’ Writing Approach
- Expanding on the Idea
- Character Development
- Setting and Worldbuilding
- Developing a Season Arc
- Writing Your Story Outline
- Building Your Final Outline
- Starting Your Pilot Script
- The Elements of a Script: Description, Action & Dialogue
- Writing Demo: How to Write a Hook
- Getting to the Pitch
- The “Stranger Things” Pitch
- You’ve Sold Your Script. Now What?
- "Stranger Things" Season 4 Behind the Scenes