The 2nd East Africa Youth Leadership Conference 2016
Starts: Sunday, 4 December, 2016 06:00am
Ends: Wednesday, 7 December, 2016 02:00pm
The East African Youth Parliament in partnership with the Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Public Service Youth and Gender Affairs and the Ministry of East African Community, Labor and Social Protection, is organizing the 2nd East African Youth Leadership Conference, scheduled for 4th to 7th December, 2016 at the Bomas of Kenya, Nairobi.
The conference theme “Celebrating Youth Leadership and Innovation” targets 2,500 youth delegates from the East African Community partner States. The Conference seeks to bring together opinion leaders and social technocrats from the grassroots thus availing the opportunity to shape and influence the youth Agenda on issues of importance to the East African Region.
We expect President Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta to be in attendance.
An organizing committee consisting of the following stakeholders is already in place and has held several meeting to date:-
• Ministry of Public Service; Youth and Gender Affairs
• Ministry of Sports , Culture and the Arts
• Ministry of Labour and East African Integration Affairs
• Ministry of Devolution and Planning
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
• Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government
• The Kenya Police Service
• The Council of Governors
• The County Assemblies Forum.
• The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• The Micro and Small Enterprise Authority
• The Brand Kenya Board
• The National Youth Council
• Youth Enterprise Fund
• Uwezo Fund
• Music Copyright Society of Kenya