The 2nd Edition Sweet Potatoes and Yams Festival will be Saturday July 15, 2023
Time: 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm
Guest House Events Center
Westlands, 10 Aflasu-Manso St.
Featuring Artists Nii Boi aka Isaac Abraham Nii Borketey Mensah Ninepence, Efe Keyz, Togbe Ghana, Min. Prince Sossi and other local Entertainment
Featuring Nigerian Fashion Designer
Enjoy live music, African Ensemble Dancers, Sweet Potatoes Pies, Fry Yams, Vegan Dishes, Goat Meat, Pizza, Bounce house, Cotton Candy, Ice Cream
Information and International Vendors: Whatsapp: Queens of Africa United International Foundation USA and Malachi's International Ministries NGO 1-916-477-4171
Tito Kpogli: 233 24 650 6628
Joseph Amartey: 233 24 492 7017
The Sweet Potatoes Yam "Orange Flesh" is the crop our West Africa Ancestors brought to America and other parts of the world doing the Atlantic Slave Trade and they ate it doing slavery because they were poor.
But the Sweet Potatoes Yam has more health benefits than the white yam because the white yam carries more starch when increases your glucose levels. However, they both are tasty.
They're high in fiber and antioxidants, which protect your body from free radical damage and promote a healthy gut and brain. They're also incredibly rich in beta carotene, which is converted to vitamin A to support good vision and your immune system.
1. Sweet Potatoes Help Stabilize Blood Sugar
2. Sweet Potatoes Support Eye Health
3. Sweet Potatoes Might Reduce Systemic Inflammation which is pain in your body
4. Sweet Potatoes Can Improve Digestion
5. Sweet Potatoes Help Protect Cardiovascular Health
6. Sweet Potatoes Could Extend Longevity
7. Sweet Potatoes Can Help Maintain a Healthy Weight