Introduction Strategic Project Design, Management Training
Strategic project design and management help in the provision of a framework in which project managers and team members deliver projects on time and within scope and budget. It helps in ensuring that project management resources are consistent with a practical design approach and offer structure for organizing collaborative teams to engage stakeholders and the community
This training will help in the fulfillment of project objectives and project outcomes at all levels by all parties involved through effective management of design processes properly and effectively to reduce the design related risks and project risks overall.
Who should attend?
The training is meant for project managers, government officials, CBO operatives, NGO employees, UN Staff and anyone involved in project management activities
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain their expectations for successful projects and develop means of implementing them through improved planning, communication, and project monitoring.
- Describe tools and methods that can be used to better understand the community they serve.
- Work through the steps of project planning, develop a potential project for their community, and learn a process they can replicate with their communities.
- Develop a plan for how they will apply the skills and knowledge learned in the course to their jobs and share them with others.
Module 1: Introduction to Strategic Project Design and Management
- Project versus Process
- Project Characteristics
- Historical overview of project management
- Project management and process management
- Project Management vs. General Management
Module 2: Project Identification and Organization
- Conducting a stakeholder analysis and selecting your target group
- Analysing the problem
- Analysing the objectives
- Selecting your strategy
- Project Organization and Responsibilities
- Selection of Project Organization Structure
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
Module 3: Project formulation: Scope, Cost Estimation, and Duration
- Project Kick-Off Meeting
- Project Scope Management
- Building your logical framework
- Setting the objectives, outputs, and activities
- Setting up the indicators and means of verification
- Setting up the key assumptions
- Project Time Management
Module 4: Project Implementation Planning and Scheduling
- The work breakdown matrix
- Responsibility matrix
- Calendar of activities
- Resource plan and budget
- Project Scheduling
- Scheduling Techniques
- Project Network development
- Plan Activity-On-Node Network techniques
Module 5: Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Progress and Performance Measurement
- Planning of monitoring and evaluation
- Performance Indicators
- Monitoring plans
- Planning the evaluation
- The Project Control Process
Module 6: Project Risk Assessment and Management (PRAM)
- Importance of Risk Management in project planning and management
- Phases of PRAM
- Risk Identification
- Risk Categorization
- Risk qualification
- Risk response
- Risk Documentation
- Techniques and Methods for Project Risk and Management
Module 7: Project Documentation, Audit, Termination and Closure
- Project Documentation
- Project Audit
- Project Termination
- Project Closure
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com