SEMINAR:CyberSecurity and Internet Governance – Does our Region have a plan?
Thu, Apr 30. 3:00AM - 6:00AM
AITI-KACE (Advance Information Technology Institute- Kofi Annan Centre of Excelence) Osu Klottey, Accra 233, Ghana
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION SEMINAR
THEME: CyberSecurity and Internet Governance – Does our Region have a plan?
The Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT invites you and your nominees to participate in its Technology Transformation Seminar on the theme, CyberSecurity and Internet Governance – Does our region have a plan?
The recent spate of hacking of websites in the sub-region and social media accounts of individuals including celebrities have raised serious concerns on security, data privacy, trust and internet governance in Africa.
There have been reported cases in Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana. In Ghana the cases involved government portal ghana.gov which hosts 58 other websites for ministries, departments and agencies. 11 websites on the government portal were reported to have been breached.
These reports give rise to begging questions that need answers:
- What are the broader implications for internet governance?
- What measures have we put in place to protect our critical internet resources and infrastructure?
- Which Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) strategies have we deployed?
- What is our level of preparedness to prevent or deal with future attacks?
- How has Ghana's CERT responded?
- Is the public aware of social media dos and don'ts and general online best practices?
- What skills set are required of today's security professionals?
We therefore invite you to participate in the next Technology Transformation Seminars (TTS) to find answers to these and more questions relating to cybersecurity and internet governance. Details of the seminar are as follows:
DATE: Thursday April 30, 2015
TIME: 3:30 pm to 5:00pm
VENUE: The Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT, Accra
We are convinced that issues deliberated on at this seminar will enable Government and all stakeholders involved take actions that enhance security and trust. We look forward to your participation and insightful contributions.