SA ARMY Night Shooting Demonstration
Wed, May 18. 2:00PM - 7:00PM
De Brug, Free State, South Africa De Brug, South Africa
SA Army Night Firing Demonstration – 18 May 2016
I have been flooded by enquiries regarding the night shooting exercise that will be conducted by the SA Army at the De Brug Training Area, outside Bloemfontein, on the evening of 18 May 2016.
Here is the detail:
• Everyone is welcome.
• The gate will open at 16h00 on 18 May 2015.
• No entrance fee will be charged. Food stalls will be available.
• No alcohol is allowed on the range.
• Try and bring own camping chairs. You may also make use of the rocks behind the shooting point.
• Bring warm clothing and ear protection (the guns tends to be load).
• Small children are not encouraged due to the noise of the guns.
• Various equipment and military exhibits will be on display.
• NO person MAY cross the barrier in front of the shooting point.
• No objects may be picked up at the range.
• Live firing will only last for 20 minutes from 19:00.
• Bring your friends and family along.
• Weapons that will be displayed include Olifant Tanks, Rooikat Armoured Cars, Ratel Combat Vehicles, Mortars, Rifles and Machine Guns, Light Artillery, Motorised Infantry (Mambas), Medium Artillery (G5 and G6), Rooivalk Attack Helicopters, Air Defence Artillery, Engineers and Tactical Intelligence Equipment to name but a few.
• The route to the range is the N8 towards Petrusburg (Kimberley). The turn-of to the range is the Driekloof road approximately 21,5 km pass Makro. Take note it is NOT the turn-of to the DOD Mobilisation Centre, but the next one. The route is approximately 1 km gravel road. The route will be marked and controlled by the Military Police. Parking on arrival will be indicated. Be prepared to walk the last 500 metres to the spectator area.
• See you there…