Research Development Framework and Mentoring for Universities in Nigeria
Starts: Thursday, 23 June, 2016 08:00am
Ends: Saturday, 25 June, 2016 11:00am
A 3-Day Workshop
Research Development Framework and Mentoring
Universities in Nigeria
The Workshop is open to all senior academics and Early Career Researchers in Nigerian Universities. It is important for Academics wishing to learn secret cum rudiments of Academic Mentoring and Research Process
• Research is the core function of universities that distinguishes her from other tertiary institutions, and the quality of research output impacts positively on the university’s ability to deliver quality teaching and to respond to its obligations towards society and national development, in terms of generating knowledge that fuels industries and technology transfer.
• The quality of research output determines the credibility of any university.
• Research involves finding a suitable research topic, defining the research hypothesis/questions and designing methods to answer the questions
• Incidentally, the skills required to do this is lacking among academics in Nigeria, necessitating the need to sharpen them in order that we can contribute towards the development of Nigeria.
• There is little or no form of academic mentoring in our universities and this must change
Why Participate in this Workshop?
• Our immediate communities, the state and the nation are faced with diverse problems. Universities are looked upon to solve these problems and drive development through research results
• Incidentally, African universities are at the lowest ebb in world research.
• The level of research consciousness, especially on fund raising, through proposal writing is also very low. Yet we live in a world of competitive grant application. For example, N10 m is allocated to every university annually for research. At the Federal level is another 3 billion naira and N6b specifically for agricultural research have been earmarked since 2009. Yet not many researchers tap into it. Other donor agencies abound at the international scene.
• Most academics in our universities are either unaware of opportunities that are available or are afraid to key-in to benefit.
• Striking data reveals that:
a) 10 % of academics have attended research proposal writing workshop
b) Less than 15 % have written fundable proposals
c) Less than 2 % have ever received local and/or international grants for research
Attend this workshop and change all these for yourself, your University and the Nation!
Date: 21st-23rd June, 2016
Venue: Ebonyi State University Abakaliki
Day 1 – Opening ceremony and Mentoring Seminars
Day 2 & 3 – Research methods and processing seminars
Resources Persons are drawn Nationally and Internationally
Registration fee is: ₦12000.00 only. This covers Workshop materials, Tea breaks and Lunch
Online application will be active until June 10th 2016
Please follow this link to register?????????????????????????
You can follow us on facebook???????????? And on twiter????????????
Please Register Now. Pay to Diamond bank