Sat, Jun 27. 10:30AM - 2:00PM
Mobile Web Ghana Westland Boulevard Road, Madina, Ghana
You're invited to participate in an OpenStreetMap workshop organised by the in Code for Ghana in collaboration with OpenStreetMap Community in Ghana.
This event is scheduled on Saturday, 27 of June, 2015 from 10am to 2pm. The workshop will explore ways in which people with no background in GIS or Geography can contribute through simple yet effective ways of mapping our cities. The session would be led by experienced mappers from the OSM community. This workshop will:
- Showcase great examples of how OpenStreetMap is being used and explain why it was selected as the map choice.
- Walk through how to use GPS devices and add data to OpenStreetMap
- Explain how to trace satellite imagery
- Discuss how to get in touch with other mappers and the great OSM community
- Expose you to the many resources for getting your questions answered.
Expect to walk away knowing how to contribute to and use OpenStreetMap data, and come ready to ask a lot of questions. Bring your laptop! Digital maps are very essential to every modern society. They have proven very useful in many instances such as:natural disasters, housing strategies, waste collection, transit planning, epidemic outbreaks etc.
So, join us and learn how you can make our society function better by putting it on the map.
This is a free and open event, there will be light refreshment available. Please RSVP here, 20 seats available.
For more enquiries call 0302505825 / 0541719387