In 2021, creatives are beginning to understand the value of Intellectual Property and negotiating better deals. It's imperative that freelancers and creatives alike have the right tools and business knowledge to not only survive, but thrive.
Are you a producer, beat-maker or audio engineer? Or perhaps you have the talent but need more direction when it comes to the business aspect of the music industry and you want to take your career to the next level. Then this workshop is for YOU.
We are looking for the most diverse male and female producers across Africa - where we will be bridging the gap between theory and practical knowledge. And giving ONE lucky winner the chance to produce their next single with award winning musician Shatta Wale. Led by a cast of industry professionals who will provide emerging producers and engineers with the proper tools and guidance to help them navigate the business of music. During the four days, each participant will have the opportunity to combine theory and practical knowledge from our advanced guest focusing on the business side of the industry.
The workshop will culminate with participating producers having one hour to create a 60-second instrumental (of original work) to present to Grammy-nominated artist Shatta Wale
. One selected instrumental, adjudicated by a panel of experts, will win the prize of producing a record with Shatta Wale – for the winning participant's next single. The prize package will also include a world-class produced music video, along with a robust public relations (PR) & marketing rollout campaign, supported by Youngtrepreneurs.
- Radio & TV Interviews.
- Proffessional Photography.
- A proffessionally shot music video.
- Artist gets % of royalities and publishing from the single.
- Proffessionally mixed, recorded & produced single featuring Shatta Wale.
- Three month Radio, Digital & TV promotional campaign for your single & video.
Each participant is eligible to FREE sign up to Songtrust
. All registration fee's waived.
Applicants can register for FREE and once your application has been reviewed and you are shortlisted, then you will be sent an invoice and instructed on how to make payment.
Four day workshop fee is 800 GHC. Single day workshop fee is 400 GHC. Single day tickets are limited.
Installment payments can be made but slots are limited. Please read T&C's for more information.
- Master Garzy - Award winning producer and audio engineer.
- Kuvie - Award winning producer and hit maker.
- Mandy Aubry - Director of Business Development at Songtrust
- Tope Salami, Esq - Entertainment Lawyer, Whitestone Solicitors and Consultancy.
- Breakfast & Lunch will be provided on each day.
- Each participant will be awarded a certificate accredited by Youngtrepreneurs.
You must fulfil this criteria:
- Between ages 21-35 years old.
- Must have at least three instrumentals to submit.
- You must bring your own laptop, producing equipment to join the workshop.
- Applicants outside of Ghana can apply, but must be available during workshop dates stated.
- Each participant must bring a printed copy of their ID. (Passport, Drivers license or birth certificate)