The Oscar-nominated director teaches her methods for directing powerful performances, maximizing budgets, and bringing authentic stories to life.
Oscar-nominated filmmaker Mira Nair approaches directing with the “heart of a poet and the skin of an elephant,” spurred by rejection and fighting to bring uncompromising stories to film. In the Golden Lion-winning director’s MasterClass, learn to make a big impact on a small budget in film production, evoke the best from actors and nonactors, and protect your creative vision so you tell the story that can only come from you.
- Meet Your Instructor
- Discovering Your Unique Voice
- Finding the Story
- Stretching Your Budget
- Directing Actors
- Directing Gestures
- Scene Workshop, Part 1: Read-Through and Blocking
- Scene Workshop, Part 2: Rehearsing the Scene
- Scene Workshop, Part 3: Final Take
- Developing a Visual Palette
- On-Set Directing
- Working With Your Cinematographer
- Sound and Music
- Go Tell Your Story