MEST - UNICEF Hackathon
Starts: Wednesday, 15 January, 2014 06:00pm
Ends: Friday, 17 January, 2014 06:00pm
MEST - UNICEF Hackathon:
UNICEF Ghana in partnership with MEST is happy to introduce the MEST-UNICEF Hackathon- a three-day product development competition hosted by the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) and UNICEF Ghana under the theme:
"Solving BIG Problems using little technology for the 'Hard-to-reach' in Ghana"
Over 3 Days, find team members, select a problem (from a list of problems presented by UNICEF Ghana ) and develop a mobile / web based solution to the selected problem. On the final day, pitch your solution to a panel of judges- after which a winner will be announced.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The MEST-UNICEF Hackathon is all about creating a real-world solution / product.
- At the beginning of the event, you will be presented with a set of 'problems', out of which you select one that you are most interested in.
- Pitch to an audience a 60-second solution to your chosen 'problem'.
- Find team members at the event, form teams of up to 5 members to develop those solutions.
- Teams will have the remainder of the event time to build a working prototype (minimum viable product) and simple business plan for their idea. Lunch, & dinner will be provided.
- Finally, teams will have an opportunity to pitch their products to a panel of judges. The judges will select the top three products to receive prizes!
TOP 3 SOLUTIONS
1st Place: GHS5,000
2nd Place: GHS2,500
3rd Place: GHS1,000
Participation is entirely free of charge. You must RSVP by Tuesday, January 14 in order to participate!
PS: Limited spots available.