MEST Looking for Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs
Starts: Thursday, 5 June, 2014 12:00am
Ends: Sunday, 15 June, 2014 11:30pm
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for the next wave of tech entrepreneurs—could it be you? We are now accepting student applications from Nigeria.
Why MEST? Since 2008, MEST has offered aspiring African entrepreneurs a fully sponsored two year, intensive full-time schooling program in Accra.
Competitive Advantages: MEST has trained over 200 IT entrepreneurs and has invested almost $2m in 17 software startups. MEST companies have developed solutions addressing global markets, created jobs, competed in top global technology events such as TechCrunch Disrupt, DEMO, and the Launch Festival, and have gained admittance to top accelerator programs such as HealthXL and 500 Startups.
APPLY TO STUDY AT MEST: http://meltwater.org/school/admissions/
Deadline June 15, 2014
• Screening and Interviews in Lagos: Completed by June 30
• Offers Sent Out: July 7
• School Starts in Accra: August 4
• Must have a degree in ANY field from a Nigerian university or technical college
• Desire to start a software company
• A completely-filled online application form
• Video pitch
• Commitment to spend the first year of schooling on campus in Accra (housing and food provided)
We’re proud of what we’ve built thus far in the school’s history, and Nigeria is an extremely important piece of the puzzle moving forward in order for us to grow and provide the most competitive environment for our students to then build Africa’s greatest tech products. We hope you’ll join us.
Questions? Email Katie@meltwater.org