MERU PEACE HALF MARATHON
Starts: Sunday, 28 February, 2016 05:00am
Ends: Sunday, 28 February, 2016 02:00pm
PAK invites you to the Administration Police-Community Peace Half Marathon in Meru County.
Date: 28TH February
Venue: Meru Stadium
1. Peace Ambassadors Kenya
2. Administration Police Service
3. Local Civil society organizations
The event theme: “Creating a Peaceful Policing Environment for a Safer Community”
The event aims:
Promoting Sports talents among the Youth, sensitize communities on Nyumba Kumi Initiative, unity, peace and reconciliation, psycho social support for Police Officers and Community Members affected by Conflict in the Country, promoting. The event will also recognize the role of youth and women in crime prevention and their contribution towards a peaceful community.
1. Sensitization on community policing
2. Entertainment by APS artists and Band
3. Entertainment from local groups (youth and women)
4. Speeches from invited guest supporters
5. Exhibition race involving prominent dignitaries
NB: Participation will be in 2 categories and participants will be required to register in either category but once.
1. Individual participation (will win prizes as an individual participant)
2. University/college participation, or Group participation e.g. Women, youth (will win as a group/team unless if registered as an individual participant)
Reg Fee: Ksh. 500 (Gets one a T-Shirt, a Cap and participants Marathon Number)
Transport: Bus Available to and from Nairobi for 1st 50 participants to register
**All participants cater for their own transport to and from Meru upon the start and completion of the event**
To register: Eva Chebet +254 713 985 122
For more Info: Sammy F Karuita +254 727 735 407
This event is open to ALL interested participants in Kenya. University and College students and community youth groups are encouraged to participate alongside the Police Officers to give them support.