Live in Accra Jazz Festival
Starts: Friday, 25 April, 2014 07:30pm
Ends: Saturday, 3 May, 2014 10:30pm
From Friday 25th April to Saturday 3rd May 2014, the Alliance Francaise Accra and its partners present Live in Accra!
For this first edition, you will enjoy 10 days of live music and Jazz but also workshops, visual art exhibitions, movie screenings, conferences...
In the 60s, the Jazz scene in Ghana was bustling, with live music all over the city almost every night. We hope to rekindle a small part of this and bring Jazz back to Accra.
Let’s enjoy Accra together!
WORSHOPS AND MASTERCLASSES
- Monday 14th – Friday 25th April - Music workshop for children with Nicolas Genest @Alliance Francaise,
- Tuesday 15th and Tuesday 22nd, 9am-1pm - Brass masterclass with Nicolas Genest @Alliance Francaise
- Tuesday 22nd - Saturday 26th April - Sound and Light techniques for live events @Alliance Francaise,
- Saturday 26th April, 10 am – 1pm - Poetry and Jazz with Nii Ayikwei Parkes @ New Morning, Tesano, Rate: Free
- Wednesday 30th April, 11am-4pm - Studio sound recording workshop with Colter Harper, Rate: Free
- Thursday 1st May, 10 am – 7pm - A whole day of jazz with Dr. Royal Hartigan and Jazz Ensemble @Best Western Airport Residential, Rate: Free
- Thursday 1st May, 4 pm – 7pm - Tune up your performance by Jazz Tone Productions @Best Western Airport Residential, Rate: 150GH¢ (GH¢ 100 in advance)
- Saturday 3rd May, 6pm - Ghanaian music and jazz with Colter Harper @Alliance Francaise, Rate: Free.
- Friday 25th April, 7.30pm - Nicolas Genest and the Sobedo Project. @Alliance Francaise. Rate: GH¢10
- Saturday 26th April - Gyedu Blay Ambolley @Ouaga Jazz Festival, Ouagadougou.
- Saturday 26th April, 7pm - Poetry and Jazz with Nii Ayikwei Parkes New Morning Arts Café Theatre & Creative Centre, Rate: Free
- Sunday 27th April, 6pm - Apero-jazz with Kyekyeku and Tommi Quinci @The Republic Bar & Grill, Free
- Wednesday 30th April, 7.30pm - La Paillote Takpekpe by Ehalakasa @Alliance Francaise. Rate:GH¢2.
- Wednesday 30th April, 9pm - International Jazz Day Celebration: Honoring Great Women of Jazz featuring Ofie Kodjoe, Brenda Joyce, Michelle McKinney-Hammond, Sandra Huson and The Sound Factree. @ +233. Rate - GH¢20.00
- Thursday 1st May, 8pm - 252 Jazz Band / Dela Botri &Hewale Sounds / Sound Factory & Guests Concert @+233, Rate: GH¢20
- Friday 2nd May, 9pm - JAZZ 2 SOUL - Jazz Fusion presented by live Djs & live band@+233, Rate: GH¢ 40
- Saturday 3rd May, 8pm - Franco Na Biso! (Institut Francais) @Alliance Francaise. Rate: GH¢10
- Monday 28th April, 8pm - El Milagro de Candeal @ +233 jazz bar and grill. Rate: Free
- Friday 2nd May, 7pm - Michel Petrucciani (INSTITUT FRANÇAIS) Goethe-Institut Ghana - German Cultural Center in Accra. Rate: Free.
- From Friday 25th May, cocktail at 6pm - Larry Ottoo @Alliance Francaise. Rate: Free.