KigaliUp SoundCheck Series feat THAIS DIARRA (Swiss/Mali/Senegal)
Sat, Feb 7. 4:30PM - 7:30PM
Hotel Des Milles Collines (Hotel Rwanda) 2 KN 6th Avenue - P.O. Box 1322 Kigali, Rwanda
KigaliUp SoundCheck Series #3
With THAIS DIARRA (Switzerland / Senegal / Mali) feat Cissoko Noumoucounda
+ support by MOYIZE + Kesho Band (Rwanda)
Saturday 7th February 2015 l Doors open at 6.30pm l Music start at 7pm
Hotel Des Mille Collines by Kempinski - Kigali – RWANDA
KigaliUp SoundCheck Series is back with an amazing line up of international and local artists for a unique and fresh, open air live music experience at the world famous Hotel des Mille Collines by Kempinski.
Hotel Des Mille Collines by Kempinski and KigaliUp are joining forces to create the ultimate destination for a world-class entertainment experience where Rwanda’s residents, music lovers & visitors can gather together to experience the KigaliUp SoundCheck Series which is quickly establishing itself as Kigali’s top gastronomic & live music experience.
The event was created as a musical platform bringing together artists from different genres, traditions, areas and regions to create a modern and authentic sound through a fusion of original material drawn from funk, soul, afro, jazz, blues, world and traditional music. Listeners can spoil their taste-buds on succulent dishes from a varied menu fusing African and European cuisine with the finest selection of wine, or enjoy perfectly grilled BBQ washed down with your favourite drink.
The show will be headlined by the extremely talented rising Afropean star THAIS DIARRA (Mali/Senegal/Switzerland). Thais diverse heritage, singing & songwriting talent propelled her to become a sought-after vocalist on the Swiss music scene, with the release of her first solo album METISSE, she created waves beyond the borders while professionals and media on the international music scene took note.
With top production help from Swiss producer Fred Hirshy (Freddy Massamba), her music is a smooth multi layered fusion of neo-soul, reggae and traditional music from West-Africa. Her striking beauty, fashion style and sweet vocals that she modulate in French, English and Bambara (Mali) is a perfect vehicle efficiently used to deliver engaged lyrics of peace, unity and love.
LIVE http://youtu.be/U_KdMpKhY-4 |
VIDEO http://youtu.be/-6QbbOhjoCo |
ALBUM http://thaisdiarra.bandcamp.com |
Previous collaborations have included performances alongside world class artists such as legendary Afro Hip Hop & RnB legend such as Didier Awadi, Xuman and Freddy Massamba.
Openning act guest MOYIZE (Rwanda). As a founding member of the late group IKOBE, Moyize has lent his unique raspy soulful vocals to various artistic projects both in Rwanda and internationally.
He is now set on establishing himself as a solo artist with this epic new single Akanozangendo – Watch http://youtu.be/sLUJD6zq__4
Support comes from residents live band The Mico Band.
SoundCheck Series will be followed by an AFTER-PARTY at Legacy till late.
AFROGROOVs with DJ Eric Soul and guests playing the best in vintage and modern, soul, afro and funk with a hint of traditional.
Note to the editors
• Thais Diarra’s concert in Kigali is made possible through the generous support of Foundation Suisa and Pro Helvetia for The AFROSoundz On Tour project (ASOT). The ASOT is a multi-city live music tour project with the aim of maximizing the impact and visibility of artists of dual African and Western heritage on the African continent.
• Positive Production is Rwanda’s top production company providing stage, light, artists and technical expertise to most major events in the country and in the region.
• In June 2014, 41-year-old Hôtel des Mille Collines got ‘married’ to the 117-year-old management firm Kempinski. Kempinski with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1897 in Berlin, Germany. Rebranded Hotel Des Mille Collines by Kempinski, the new managers are aiming at making the place ‘luxurious and Kigali’s favourite living room’.
• KigaliUp Festival is an annual international music festival taking place in the heart of Kigali. Each July, the Amahoro stadium grounds is transformed into a miniature village for one special weekend with two stages of amazing live music and entertainment. The 5th edition will take place this July 17th to 19th.
• Founded in London in early 2000’s, AFROGROOV is an essential platform for African Music that is modern and forward looking while retaining deep motherland roots, it stands as an impressive, self-contained mini-movement beyond the cliché of World and Pop Music.
Promoting positive and diverse experiences with DJs, live music, spoken word, film and workshops, AFROGROOV bursts stereotypes and makes connections. Always on the look-out for new artists, spaces and happenings, this is a crucial creative network on the move. MONDOMIX
TICKETS & TABLE RESERVATIONS.
Please note this is a limited capacity events so early booking is strongly advised.
For guests who want to ensure the best seats in the house, a limited number of tables can be pre-booked.