JOB REFERENCE: AFA/01/NIG
Starts: Thursday, 30 April, 2015 12:00am
Ends: Thursday, 30 April, 2015 03:00am
EMPLOYER: ASSOCIATION OF AFRICAFREEAID
DEPARTMENT: VOLUNTARY SERVICES
SALARY: 0.00 NAIRA P/A
POSTED: 10th September 2014
CLOSING DATE: 20th SEPTEMBER 2014
INTERVIEW DATES: 29TH and 30TH SEPTEMBER 2014
Association of AfricaFreeAid is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded for the purpose of developing the disadvantaged youths in Africa through training in order to become an entrepreneur or get a job. Educating our women in the area of health and childcare and equipping them with the knowledge, skills, training and confidence they need to improve their livelihoods and above all, helping the poor by providing shelter for the destitute. We also raise funds to provide better healthcare and support for the poor in the following category: Youth, Women less privileged families. (pls see www.africafreeaid.org)
Our Vision is to become the leading aid association in helping the less privileged all over Africa to have hope, a life and be what they can be
AfricaFreeAid is expanding and doing great works, as a result, we are looking to recruit volunteers that will be working for us as when required.
TITLE – GENERAL VOLUNTEER
Volunteers will provide assistance and support at AfricaFreeaid events and likewise support when we are executing a project. The Volunteers will ensure there is a smooth running of programs at an event and provide excellent customer service to visitors and invitees. Major work will be to manage large number of people, engage with visitors, recipients, children, parents and participants. Give accurate information about the Association, events and planned projects as required.
This post is particularly suitable for people with the following qualities:
• Enthusiasm – a positive attitude is vital
• Common sense – knowing the difference between right and wrong, good and bad
• Non-judgmental – being able to take an objective view of a person’s problems – even if they’re of their own making
• Awareness – being able to recognize other people’s needs and able to look for ways to meet those needs as a result of training and your own life experiences
• Reliable – willing to devote a set amount of time when required
• Compassionate – having and empathy with the plight of a particular person or situation
• Committed – demonstrating your passion for a cause
• Self-confident – able to work both autonomously and as part of a team where necessary
• Good communication – able to relate to both fellow workers and those you are trying to help and a willingness to make suggestions for improvements
• Self-assured – able to take constructive criticism on board to improve one’s own skills and ability to help others
• Interpersonal Skills-Outgoing personality and the ability to maintain a cheerful disposition
HOURS OF WORK
Volunteers would be expected to work when called upon for events. Volunteers who are willing to work during period we are executing projects would be expected to work for more hours and days, but this would be subject to interest. Volunteers would not have to work for more than 1-2 days at a go and adequate time will be given in preparation for events. Most events will likely take place on a weekend preferably Saturday. Only School Intervention program might take place during the week.
BENEFITS AND RENUMERATION
This Volunteer role is not a salaried or paid position but a voluntary one. However, Volunteers will always receive fare for transportation and meals when carrying out any assignments.
Volunteers would be provided with accommodation when required.
Volunteers would be provided with adequate training and information to carry out a task.
We are not able to carry out face to face interviews thus applicants must be prepared for a telephone interview.
Regardless of stated closing date we reserve the right to close vacancies as soon as we have received sufficient suitable applications. You are, therefore, advised to apply as soon as possible.
All applicants who have a disability and meet the criteria for the post would be given guaranteed interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Please kindly send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use vacancy reference as subject of email.