ISO 28000 specifies the requirements for a security management system, including those aspects critical to security assurance of the supply chain. ISO 28000 certification is applicable to all sizes of organizations, from small to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the production or supply chain.
By becoming certified against ISO 28000, your organization will ensure that threats coming from logistical operations and supply chain partners are being managed and controlled securely.
Benefits of ISO 28000 certification to your organization:
- Facilitates trade and expedite the transport of goods across borders
- Monitors and manages security risks throughout your business and supply chain
- Gains a competitive advantage and new business opportunities
- Encourages companies to secure their own processes within supply chains
- Reassures stakeholders of your organization’s commitment to the safety of individuals and security of goods and services
- Allows management to focus finite resources on areas of greatest concern
- Benchmarks your organization’s security management practices with international best practice
- Achieves cost savings through a reduction in security incidents