1. The 2019 Greenway National Cycling Competition will commence on Tuesday 15th of January from all 10 regions of Ghana with the final lap finishing on Saturday, 19th January at Kintampo. Sunday 20th will be recognized as”Thanksgiving Sunday” while Award presentation commences on Monday 21st,2019.
2. The race will be made up of a total distance of 500 km and a total of five laps with 5,000 cyclists from all 10 regions across the country competing for medals.
3. Greenway National Cycling Contest is typically modeled to undoubtedly save greenhouse gas emissions and it will be the first and largest climate cycling event in Ghana and across Africa.
4. The contested race is split into a 100KM daily segment called laps. The overall best cyclist is legitimately expected to become the first to reach Kintampo which is naturally the center point of Ghana and the finish line to win the historic race.
5. Greenway National Cycling Contest will be fully structured under the technical direction of Greenway International Foundation with mutual support and official recognition from the Ghana Cycling Federation, Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Environment and will be supported by over 300 talented staff, media personnel, local clubs, and tour officials.
6. The Competition will be officiated by a creative team of judicial officials typically comprising commissaries, judges, and timekeepers.