Free Drupal Training (Drupal Global Training Days)
Starts: Saturday, 31 May, 2014 01:00pm
Drupal is an open source social publishing platform that allows an individual, a community of users, or an enterprise to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website.
Drupal powers some of the biggest and most important sites on the web, as well as thousands of small business and individual sites. If you have a general idea of how content management systems work, but little to no Drupal experience, this course will get you off to the right start.
In honour of the Drupal Association's Global Drupal Training Day in May 2014, Rocom Solutions is pleased to present this free introductory course to get you up and going building your first Drupal site. Our goal is to help get you over the first bump on the Drupal learning curve.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand how a typical site is built in Drupal, and explain the page-model in Drupal.
- Be able to correctly use Drupal-specific terminology like field, view, node, block, and page.
- Understand how to do things the “Drupal way”.
- Figure out what skills you need to develop in order to reach your goals.
- Know where to go to find career opportunities in Drupal.
This introductory course is targeted at:
- People interested in discovering and learning more about CMS and Drupal.
- People with some prior experience or knowledge of web development and interested in expanding their skills.
- Business and IT managers interested in evaluating Drupal for driving their technology business.
- Students exploring options for careers in web development, cloud computing and infrastructure, design, sales, marketing.
- Career switchers looking to expand on their prior experience.
- Self-starters who are curious and want to learn new skills that are in demand.
An active interest in learning about Drupal, a basic understanding of the Internet, and experience browsing the web. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is helpful but not required.
WHAT TO BRING:
Interested participants are expected to bring their own WiFi-enabled laptop.