Ekhayeni Food Festival
Starts: Saturday, 29 April, 2017 08:00am
Ends: Saturday, 29 April, 2017 02:00pm
Nothing excites me more than having authentic African Food. Mind you Indian, Middle Eastern, Portuguese, European and local African ingredients and cooking techniques are all fused together to form the base of food culture in Africa. Our aim is to showcase our rich diversity in African Cuisine and delicacies as most acclaimed restaurants, chefs and food producers gather to present their signature dishes and products to thousands of foodie visitors.
This landmark event is the start of history being written, that would impact on generations to come, home and away evolving to become a food loving tourist dream. The Food Festival seeks to:
• Raise national awareness about food, the way it is produced, distributed, sold and eaten.
• Promote the production of quality, locally produced foods, to encourage healthy eating and community health.
• Promote African Cuisine and Food Recipes
• Generate increased demand for local and sustainably produced food through education and promotion.
• Promote Ekhayeni – The African Village as a National Culinary Haven
• Become a platform for gathering of Food Enthusiasts.
• Promote Tourism and Culture.
• Promote & Increase the availability and access of healthy local food to urban communities.
• Unite Brands, Friends & Families through food a universal currency of friendship
You can’t miss this event, let’s make a date!