NYT–bestselling author David Sedaris teaches you how to turn everyday moments into seriously funny stories that connect with audiences.
With essays in The New Yorker, bestselling books like Calypso, tours, and readings on NPR, David Sedaris is one of the most recognizable essayists alive. Now he teaches you the art of personal storytelling. Learn how David crafts attention-grabbing openings, satisfying endings, and meaning from the mundane—and how he uses humor to connect with others and process the difficult and sometimes dark aspects of everyday life.
In his Masterclass, you'd learn lessons such as;
- Observing the World
- Turning Observations Into Stories
- Breaking Into a Story
- Connecting to Your Reader
- Writing About Loved Ones
- Story Evolution: "Active Shooter"
- Kitchen Sink Stories: Live in Cleveland
- Ending With Weight
- Revision Philosophy
- Growing as a Writer
- David's Influences
- Conclusion: Two Groups of People
- Bonus Reading: "The Spirit World"