"Conference What if...." and "Design Thinking Workshop"
Starts: Saturday, 14 February, 2015 09:00am
Ends: Saturday, 14 February, 2015 05:00pm
Conference What If...?
This isn't a traditional conference - it's highly participatory. We don't have an audience, we have a gathering of off-stage presenters. Through the “What If...? Flow,” the focus is diverted from the speakers onto the collaboration of the crowd to "hack the ask" (the questions) and design actions in order to co-create the future. This future is composed of actionable deliverables, relationships, and real world projects with real world applications.
Design Thinking Workshop
Designed to help participants understand issues, teams, and community as systems. Outcomes of the workshop include:
- Identifying existing connections to leverage into new opportunities
- Increasing empathy for community and issues
- Developing a deeper understanding of the need for which they’re solving
- Learning new brainstorming approaches to uncover a full range of possibilities
- Shifting focus to the “awesome” & “true” value in what they’re creating
- Challenging preconceived perceptions
- Learning how to get the most out of group collaborations
- Preparing for the hackathon
1. Provide cognitive and emotional tools for innovation
2. Activate curiosity
3. Open minds to new perspectives