Bob Marley Month February 2015 (The Legendary Bob Marley’s70th Birthday Celebration)
Starts: Saturday, 7 February, 2015 12:00am
Ends: Saturday, 7 February, 2015 03:00am
Goul City Tours presents:
Bob Marley Month
(The Legendary Bob Marley’s70th Birthday Celebration)
Goul City Tour would like to offer a very special package every weekend for the month of February 2015 starting the weekend of February 7th 2015 in honor of (Bob Marley’s 70th Birthday) as following:
Weekend Cultural Experience to Shashemene ‘’the home of the Rastafarians.’’
Addis Ababa – Ziway – Hawassa– Shashemene
07:00 am Departure from Addis by VAN (Toyota Haice 2010 w/A.C excellent condition).
* Pick up point at (Münch Bakery) aka (German Bakery), Bole Medhanialem Road.
11:00 am Stop for Brunch at Hailu Resort in Ziway.
* Ziway is very rich in bird life. Lake Ziway, the shallowest lake in the Rift Valley chain of lakes which depth 7m. Its extensive aquatic vegetation attracts a variety of water birds.
Time for bird-watching activity and refreshments, Enjoy also photographing and scenic walks.
02:30 / 3:00 pm Arrival to Awasa (also Awassa or Hawassa).
* What better way to connect with Mother Nature than a serene boat trip on the beautiful Lake Hawassa and taste the quality of its fresh fried fish lake side.
Continue the journey to Shashemene (23 Km from Hawassa). Final destination of the day!
05:00 pm Hotel check in at Zion Train Lodge, Shashemene.
* Zion Train Lodge is a nice, cozy and cultural place run by a French Rastafarian Family.
06:30 pm Dinner arrangement at the Zion Train Lodge.
* Camp fire and traditional drumming by Rastafarians, with a Bob Marley sing along.
Visit Wondo Genet hot springs and Tour of the Rastafarian Community
Shashemene – WondoGenet
08:00 am Drive to Wondo Genet. 20 mins (16.7 Km)
* Wondo Genet is a natural forest ground with hot springs and a swimming pool fed by the hot spring water. The springs are said to have curative properties
11:00 am – 01:00 pm Brunch at the BOLT House.
* The BOLT house is run by Sister Joan & family. Sister Joan is one of the repatriates from Jamaica for over 40 years. She has a cozy restaurant specializing in authentic Jamaican food & juices.
And of course more great Bob Marley music played for your entertainment.
01:30 – 03:00 pm Tour of the Rastafarian Community.
Shashamene is a place like no other. The heart of the Rasta Community in Ethiopia is bound to elicit strong emotions from the vast majority of Travelers from around the world. You can visit many interesting spots like:
The Banana Art Gallery
* The Banana art is a unique skill created by Ras Hailu Tefari from the Island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines (Caribbean).
* Crafts handmade within the town are available for purchase.
Visit the Head-quarters of different Rastafarian Mansions
* The JRDC School was born out of the recognized need to embark on development in Shashemene, Ethiopia where many Rastafarian immigrants have settled.
Shashemene – Addis Ababa
03:00 pm Check out from the Zion Train Lodge.
Drive back to Addis Ababa. (Returning to the German Bakery on Bole)
***Note: The Event is every weekend for the Month of February, 2015.
Contact Goul City Tours for more info.
+251-116-180580 or +251-910-576692
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See website: touraddis.com
Come and join us to celebrate the 70th birthday of reggae’s brightest shining star – Bob Marley.