Literary legend Joyce Carol Oates teaches you how to write short stories by developing your voice and exploring classic works of fiction.
The author of some of the most enduring fiction of our time, Joyce Carol Oates has published 58 novels and thousands of short stories, essays, and articles. Now the award-winning author and Princeton University creative writing professor teaches you how to tap into your storytelling instincts. Find ideas from your own experiences and perceptions, experiment with structure, and improve your craft, one sentence at a time.
In her Masterclass, you'd learn lessons such as;
- Principles of Writing Short Fiction
- Journals: Observing the World
- Ideas: Exploring Taboo and Darkness
- Structure and Form
- Ideas: Writing the Familiar
- Form Study: Miniature Narrative
- Form Study: Short Monologue
- Story Study: “Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?”
- The Writer’s Workshop: “Indian Camp”
- Revision Workshop: “Labor Day”
- Revision Workshop: “Near Death”
- Writing Suspense