Fashion is a powerful way of telling the world about where we are from. Whether woven, dyed or printed, our clothing is one of the ways we we define ourselves and distinguish our history and culture from others. But how much do we really know and understand about our local fashion brands? What are the new ways in which people are redefining themselves through the lens of fashion? African and Afrodiasporan fashion and textiles come with a rich history of resilience, of remixing and redesigning. We hope to showcase this on an exciting bus tour across the city.
- Educate- learn about new/ up and coming designers, tailors and shops in different parts of the country.
- Patronize- invest in these people/ businesses by patronizing and hopefully identifying brands that you can trust in Ghana
- Network- join other like minded people for an exploration of the city
This event is a fashion crawl that will take us to various designers to enjoy a quick lesson on apparel and garments in Ghana with some of the greatest minds in local fashion. This will be followed by lovely shopping atmosphere, discounts and connections.
We know how hard it is to figure out where all of the high quality, trendy, local ready to wear brands reside so we want to make it easy and fun. Once you know, we guarantee to be back.
- Transportation Around Town
- Welcome Drinks
- Gift Bag
- Over 100 GHC worth of coupons for shopping
- Post Shopping Small Chops