The Maize Value Chain Conference
Starts: Friday, 31 March, 2017 07:00am
Ends: Friday, 31 March, 2017 11:00am
Sustaining a competitive and inclusive Maize Value Chain
KEY INVITED GUESTS:
• The Vice President of the Republic of Zimbabwe
• Hon E D Mnangagwa
• Minister of Agriculture Mechanisation and Irrigation Development - Hon Dr J M Made
• Minister of Industry and Commerce
• Hon Hon Dr M Bimha.
• Grain Farmers and Livestock Producers
• Food / Feed Processors and Grain Millers
• Agricultural Inputs and Implements Suppliers
• Retailers and Financial Services Providers
• The Academia and Non State Actors
• The Government and Key Government Agencies
Zimbabwe and, indeed the larger part of southern Africa, have generally enjoyed good rains and there is a prediction of a better agricultural season. Complementary efforts from the government and the private sector are paying-off and a bumper maize harvest is imminent.
Naturally the attention, the debate and the discussion has immediately shifted to the nation’s preparedness on maize logistics, storage, processing and markets. There is also a greater yearning to ascertain if a robust framework for a winning maize production formula has finally been found.
At the same time, we need to establish the sustainability of the ‘winning’ production formula.
In that vein,Buy Zimbabwe, the country’s National Buy Local Campaign, and the Zimbabwe Agricultural Society, the lead centre for the facilitation of Agricultural Development, host the “’ Maize Value Chain Conference” on 31 March 2017 at the Andy Millar Conference Centre at the Exhibition Park.
This conference will bring together key business leaders, policy makers and stakeholders along the maize value chain to discuss critical issues relevant to the strengthening of the maize value chain under the theme, “Sustaining a competitive and inclusive maize value chain”.
Key issues are:
• Policy and regulatory environment,
• Finance and inputs
• Production and productivity
• Transport, logistics and storage
• Markets, market linkages and pricing dynamics
• Industrial and economic growth
PINNACLE PARTNER $4 500
DIAMOND PARTNER $3 500
GOLD PARTNER $2 500
SECTION C : REGISTRATION DETAILS
For Registration, contact the Buy Zimbabwe MarketingTeam at:-
Gabriel Choga 0777 727 380
Tafadzwa Gongera 0777 013 672
SECTION D : PAYMENT DETAILS
Account Name: BUYZWC P/L
Bank Name STEWARD BANK
Branch KWAME NKRUMAH, HARARE
Account No: 1000207159