Students' Community Service Award (Application)
Starts: Thursday, 10 April, 2014 12:00am
Ends: Wednesday, 30 April, 2014 11:45pm
Are you thinking of serving your nation through community and volunteerism, then I encourage you to participate in the Students Community Service Award Scheme.
This is a community service award scheme sponsored by Osei-Kusi Foundation and Selfless 4Africa Inc. It also facilitated by the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS). The scheme is focused on developing young people in our communities and exposing the youth to community service.
Students in participating tertiary institutions are expected to form a team of 3 to 5 students, which must have a team name and slogan. The scheme will encourage the youth of Ghana to believe in themselves, cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism. The teams from the various tertiary institutions are expected to choose a deprived community in Ghana, research on it and present a proposal focused on developing young people in that community.
The winning team will have a package GH₵ 9,000 (GH₵6,500 to implement the community project and GH₵ 2,500 for participants of the winning team), a set inspirational books from Osei-Kusi Foundation and internship opportunities.
Please interested students should form a team and contact their SRCs to represent the institution.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATING TERTIARY INSTITUTION
- Participating institution must be based in Ghana.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must be registered students.
- Participants from participating tertiary institution must have an interest in community service and service to humanity.
- Attach photocopy of student ID cards.
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATING TERTIARY INSTITUTION - PART A
- Identify a community in Ghana that needs support.
- Download a community service application form from Osei Kusi Foundation’s website (www.oseikusifoundation.org).
- Complete and email application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
PART B (ONLY SHORTLISTED INSTITUTIONS)
The three shortlisted institutions will present their proposal in a face-to-face presentation using pictures and videos. Give reasons why Osei-Kusi Foundation and Selfless4Africa should support their project.
Deadline for submission of complete application form is 30th April, 2014.
Please contact Emmanuel (0248110208) for more information