Starts: Friday, 14 August, 2015 06:00pm
Ends: Sunday, 16 August, 2015 08:00pm
Have you always wanted to start a business or do you have an idea that you think might make a great business, but you aren’t sure where to start? No need to worry- because business startup isn’t rocket science. But all successful startups begin with the same recipe: a good idea, a great pitch, a hardworking team, and a business plan. Some take years to get off the ground, but we give you a starting point with our 48hour design boot camp event. That's right—just 48 hours to kick start your future business.
We invite you to attend the first KickStart Event on the 21st of August 2015 at Afrileads Ideation Centre, Tamale.
What is KickStart48?
KickStart48 is Afrilead’s business design boot camp for entrepreneurial-minded students who want to develop their idea into working startup business within one weekend. Kickstart48 is being organized in cities and campuses across Ghana and is open to young entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
What happens at KickStart48?
We start on Friday with pitching ideas and forming teams with only one goal in mind – to bring new startups into life by Sunday.
- Friday Evening: Participants arrive – with or without startup ideas – and a facilitator leads the group through dedicated brainstorming, preliminary pitches/feedback, and team selection modules. Some teams work late into the night and others prefer to rest up in preparation for day 2.
- Saturday: Customer discovery (teams exit the building or hit the streets and talk to potential customers), structured mentorship, intermediate pitches and feedback sessions. Day 2 places heavy emphasis on business model generation.
- Sunday: Continued execution (including pitch workshops) leading into final pitches/demos to an esteemed panel of mentors and investors.
Wondering why attend KickStart48?
There are many reasons that KickStartup can be seen as a great opportunity;
- Learn a new skill: KickStart48 are all about learning through the act of creating. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go. Step outside of your comfort zone. With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, this is a perfect opportunity to learn valuable skills.
- Decide your career path: Would you like to work for a big company or work for yourself? Do you understand what life will be like if you take the long road and try to make your ideas a reality? We'll give you a real taste of this.
- Build your network: You are given the opportunity to mingle with some of best makers and do-ers in the city. By spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems, you will build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with a job or even an investor.
- Meet co-founders: We all know it’s not just about the idea – it’s about the team. KickStart48 is hands down the best way to find someone you can actually launch a startup with.
- Actually launch a real business within the 8 hours: Not just learning, but actually building a startup
- Join a worldwide community of like-minded people that want to change the entrepreneurship landscape in the world.
- Save money & get stuff: Did you know that it’s actually cheaper to attend KickStart48 than to go about your usual weekend plans? KickStart48 cost only GHS65.00 for the entire weekend. Your ticket covers seven meals, snack, and souvenirs
How much does it cost?
This fee translates to 50% of the entire budget and would cater for your refreshments on Friday, 3 meals on Saturday, 3 meals on Sunday and a KickStart48 T-shirt.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information please contact 0505784163