GIMPA Entrepreneurship Workshop
Starts: Saturday, 21 December, 2013 09:00am
Ends: Saturday, 21 December, 2013 03:00pm
GoGetters in partnership with GIMPA present ... The GIMPA Entrepreneurship Workshop.
The events is where students, orphans, budding entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs with a startup (early/growth phase) come together to share ideas, network and pitch. This is an informative, interactive, thought-provoking workshop. Bringing together different parts of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, including investors, entrepreneurs and government, to interact and educate attendees to adopt the entrepreneurial frame of mind.
The workshop host the following as key note speakers on the day:
- ANITA ERSKINE (TV Personality and Founder of The Reverbgh Project & BrandWoman Africa)
- ALEX ADJEI-BRAM (Co-Founder SMSGH) and
- KENA AMOAH (Founder of Nevahold)
The workshop will see THREE pre-screened entrepreneurs given the chance to pitch to a panel of investors including:
- Hannah Acquah (Acumen Fund)
- Eric Osiakwan (Angel investor, Co-author of Open Access Model)
Any entrepreneur who has pitched to an investor knows that the pitch is the first date, the introduction to what needs to be a long lasting relationship, which will eventually lead to the day you get the wedding ring (the investment). Participants will get the chance to be part of that first date experience. For entreprenuers who wish to pitch please contact Tola@go-getters.co.uk with the subject line 'GoGetters Pitch'.
The workshop is for those who want to invest in themselves and believe in the power of entrepreneurship; it is for today's forward thinkers - tomorrow's leaders.
Attendees will be taught to be proactive and they will participate in discussions such as:
- How do you attract and retain talent?
- How important is the value of family in business?
- How to turn an idea into a business with NO MONEY
- Opportunity to hear from well-established entrepreneurs
- Money rules, but how do we rule money?
The workshop will be FREE for the attendees. The capacity is held at 120 attendees.
Registration is now open. Please register and answer these questions?
Do you have a business or are thinking of starting one?
What do you want to gain from attending the event?
How did you hear about the event i.e. friends, flyer, banner, twitter, facebook etc?
Are you a student from GIMPA?
Interested attendees will be pre-screened before given confirmation.
So hurry and sign up!