Creation Care & Farming God's Way Conference
Tue, Sep 12 8:00AM - Fri, Sep 15 11:00AM
Care of Creation Kenya Box 70, c/o Moffat Bible College Kijabe, Kenya
"I used to think that top global environmental problems were biodiversity loss, ecosystem collapse and climate change.
I thought that with 30 years of good science we could address these problems. I was wrong. The top environmental problems are selfishness, greed, and apathy, and to deal with these we need a spiritual and cultural transformation."
- James Speth, Environmental advocate.
From Creation Care to Farming, this is the conference that will completely transform your perspective.
CREATION CARE & FARMING GOD’S WAY CONFERENCE.
12th to 15th September 2017, Kijabe Kenya.
o Arrival and registration:
- 11am - 12 noon, Tuesday, 12th September 2017.
o Time Frame:
- Opening session: Tuesday 12th September, 2pm.
- Departure: Friday 15th September, 2pm.
One and a half hour evening sessions held on Tuesday & Wednesday.
- Moffat Guest House.
o Cost in (Kenya Shillings):
- Full board inclusive of resources, meals and accommodation: KES.14,000.
- Day scholar inclusive of resources and meals (am tea, lunch, and pm tea): KES.8,100.
- If you would like to pre-register for this event, please contact Dorcas Mburu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Antony Muga (email@example.com), or call: +254 (0) 731 772 203 / +254 (0) 712 772 203.
- Self-sponsoring Kenyan nationals who are not affiliated with an institution or organization can qualify for a 40% discount if payment is made in advance by 1st September 2017.
o Important notes:
- English is the language of instruction.
- Rooms are shared with fellow participants. Married couples share with their spouse. Availability rarely allows for a single room.
- Any delegate with special dietary needs (diabetic, hypertensive etc.) is advised to inform Dorcas prior to registration, if possible via email.
- Late payments are not accepted and will prevent participation since meal and room preparations are made well in advance. Neither will Kenyan delegates who pay from 30th May to 6th June 2017 be eligible for the discount.
- To receive a certificate for this training a delegate must attend all sessions (with the exception of day-scholars who cannot attend the two evening sessions). Certificates are awarded at the end of the training.
- Participants will receive a pack with the following resources after the training.
(a) Farming that brings Glory to God and Hope to the poor – by Craig Sorley
(b) Honoring Christ in Caring for His Creation – by Craig Sorley
(c) Farming God’s Way Trainer’s Reference Guide – by Grant Dryden
(d) Farming God’s Way Vegetable Guide – by Grant Dryden
(e) Farming God’s Way Field Guide – by Grant Dryden
(f) Let’s Restore our Land – by Dan Fountain
(g) Good Tree Nursery Practices – by ICRAF
- The following additional resources will be available for sale in our office.
(a) FGW DVD Training Series by Grant Dryden (Available in English and Swahili) - KShs. 3,000.00
(b) When Heaven & Nature sing by Ed Brown - KShs. 500.00
(c) Our Father’s World by Ed Brown - KShs. 500.00
(d) Restoring the Soil by Roland Bunch - KShs. 1,200.00
(e) Grafting Fruit Trees by Larry Southwick - KShs. 400.00
(f) Beginner’s Guide to Beekeeping in Kenya by Thomas Caroll - KShs. 1,200.00
(g) When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert - KShs. 1,200.00
(h) Useful Trees & Shrubs for Kenya by the World Agroforestry Centre - KShs. 3,200.00