Creation Care & Farming God's Way conference.
Starts: Tuesday, 7 February, 2017 08:00am
Ends: Friday, 10 February, 2017 11:00am
Arrival and registration: 11am - 12 noon, Tuesday, 7th February 2017.
O Time Frame:
- Opening session: Tuesday 7th February, 2pm.
- Departure: Friday 10th February, 2pm.
One and a half hour evening sessions held on Tuesday and Wednesday.
O Accommodation: Moffat Guest House.
- Full board inclusive of resources, meals and accommodation (Tue, Wed, Thu nights): KES.14,000.
- Day scholar inclusive of resources and meals (am tea, lunch, and pm tea): KES.8,100.
O Pre-Registration: If you would like to pre-register for this event, please contact Dorcas Mburu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Antony Muga (email@example.com), or call: +254 (0) 731 772 203 / +254 (0) 712 772 203.
• In order to promote self-sponsoring local Kenyan nationals to attend this conference, a 40% discount is on offer if payment is made by close of day, January 31, 2017.
O Important notes:
1. Rooms are usually shared with fellow participants (except in the case of married couples), and there is no guarantee each participant will get a room to themselves. Only in very few instances do participants get a room to themselves but this is on a first come – first served basis.
2. Any delegate with special dietary needs (diabetic, hypertensive etc.) is advised to inform Dorcas prior to registration, possibly via email.
3. Late payments will not necessarily guarantee participation since meal and room preparations are made well in advance, neither will self-sponsoring Kenyan delegates who pay from 1st February 2017 be eligible for the 40% discount.
4. A certificate of attendance will be provided to delegates who attend all sessions at the end of the training.
5. You will receive a pack with the following resources after the training.
(a) Farming that brings Glory to God and Hope to the poor – by Craig Sorley
(b) Honoring Christ in Caring for His Creation – by Craig Sorley
(c) Farming God’s Way Trainer’s Reference Guide – by Grant Dryden
(d) Farming God’s Way Vegetable Guide – by Grant Dryden
(e) Farming God’s Way Field Guide – by Grant Dryden
(f) Let’s Restore our Land – by Dan Fountain
(g) Good Tree Nursery Practices – by ICRAF
6. The following resources will be available for sale in our office.
(a) FGW DVD Training Series by Grant Dryden (Available in Eng and Swahili) - KShs. 3,000.00
(b) When Heaven & Nature sing by Ed Brown - KShs. 500.00
(c) Our Father’s World by Ed Brown - KShs. 500.00
(d) Restoring the Soil by Roland Bunch - KShs. 1,200.00
(e) Grafting Fruit Trees by Larry Southwick - KShs. 400.00
(f) Beginner’s Guide to Beekeeping in Kenya by Thomas Caroll - KShs. 1,200.00
(g) When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert - KShs. 1,200.00
(h) Useful Trees & Shrubs for Kenya by the World Agroforestry Centre - KShs. 3,200.00