ANTI VALENTINES - CSR
Fri, Feb 13. 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Bongwe Safaris, Zambia 609 Zambezi Road, Roma, Lusaka, Zambia Lusaka, Zambia
If you are not doing anything on the eve of Valentines Day, come over to Bongwe for a few drinks and a party, whilst helping in some CSR work.
ALL the gate money will be donated to a Kachele Village, a great cause run by the Rotaract Club of Lusaka.
R&G|EVENTS is donating some sound and lighting with DJ Cheyo on decks. Sebastien Dutch has kindly agreed to coming on stage for free for this event!
Entry – K50 per person – ALL gate proceeds to be donated to the Kachele Village project
Venue – Bongwe Barn – Zambezi Road
Date: Friday 13th February 2015
ABOUT KACHELE VILLAGE PROJECT:
The village is out by Chisamba area and Rotaract are encouraging an 'empowerment of women through agriculture' program. Rotaract are giving the village's women the opportunity to learn the best methods of growing maize and other crops for their own consumption and for generating some much-needed income. Their previous methods involved ploughing and other such techniques, which have now been proven to be harmful rather than helpful when it comes to growing crops. We have taught them conservation methods which will help make them self-sufficient.
This event will help raise money for a new borehole. Their current borehole is not near enough to the area we have set aside for farming so a closer one is now needed. It is more expensive than your average borehole as the pump needs to be solar powered (no ZESCO in the area!)
Rotaract is an international charity organization that stems from the Rotrary Club. Rotaract is simply the younger Club (only allowing members 18-30 years of age). We meet fortnightly to come together to do community service.
1. If you look under age please bring ID.
2. Cash bars available at the event.
3. No littering, fireworks, graffiti, illegal substances
4. Right of admission reserved
5. Entry entirely at your own risk
6. The promoters (R&G Events, Venue, Rotaract) accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind to persons, vehicles and/ or belongings. This applies to negligence of any kind by the promoters, sponsors, venue and contractors.
7. By entering the venue, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or recorded as a member of the audience and to any and all use and distribution of your image, likeness and voice in such photographs, films and/or recorded materials, without payment to you.
8. Terms and conditions apply